10 Business Card Tips : Business cards are a valuable marketing tool for any industry or profession. Whether you are an entrepreneur and use business cards for networking and advertising or if you represent a large firm and distribute the cards to vendors and high level contacts, the cards serve their purpose of creating a lasting impression.
Since business cards play such an essential role in marketing you and/or your brand, it is important to design the cards in a way that draws attention and stands out from the rest.
Discussed below are 10 tips to help you design memorable business cards.
1. Be sure the cards are functional by including all the necessary information- Company Name, Contact Number(s), Mailing address, email address, website.
2. If you can list an individual’s name on the card, we recommend doing so. It will create a personal touch. Add a title of the individual as well.
3. The most prominent information on the card should be the business name. Be sure to add this in text even if the logo includes the business name.
4. If the company is a web only business, adding a physical or mailing address is not needed, but be sure to clearly list the web address.
5. Technology is becoming more and more widely used as a form of communication. Adding your social media contact information is beneficial.
6. A catchy tagline, motto, or short description of the company is a good feature to add so people know what your business is about. If you have space, you can even include a few of the main products or services you offer.
7. To make your customized business card stand out, choose a solid colored background like black, instead of the usual white background. Eye catching text and logo colors work great too. Red is proven to catch ones attention most.
8. Differentiate your card from the standard, horizontal, version by designing a vertical card.
9. If an individual listed on the card is the face of the business, such as a real estate agent or insurance agent, add a photo of the person as well. This will allow people to connect a face to the company name.
10. Choose a unique material like a textured paper, a magnet, a laminated card, or even leather. There are a variety of options out there that will help your card be distinguished from the rest.
Julie is an experienced writer that enjoys researching any type of topic from health and fitness to home repair and design.