Are you starting to build your business online with social media?
Everything I teach is simple systems.
Today…. I want to share some simple measures to boost your social media credibility. Here are 10 easy tips:
- Use a unique name or nick name which is truly a name! Do not use keywords as your name. You are not in it for the quick Google traffic but for long term reputation building. A name like “Real Estate Investor Idaho” makes you appear to be a spammer. Because my personal name was taken, I have chosen “workwithliz”, you can find me on most sites under that name.
- Use an avatar! What is an avatar? This is the picture of you that appears on most social sites, you should be consistent with your picture or the coloring in your photo. This is the same as your logo, simple for followers to find you. To make it easy for you, always use the same picture. On most social sites if you do not use one you will get ignored altogether. On StumbleUpon your stumbles won’t even be displayed without an avatar. Simple tip: Have one decent photo of you, it does taken by a professional photographer. It does need to be a photo of you, not a logo, not a models picture or other scene, but actually a picture of you!! This is how people develop a trust and credibility in you. The photo should give you a professional image, not at a party or while playing around. Choose a photo that will be your image, and use it on every site to keep things consistent and helps users always identify you by your photo.
- Introduce yourself. Say something about yourself on your profile. People must relate to you and see a personal side of you. Many people try to avoid all things personal, this is going to appear to others that you are hiding something, it is important to share some small personal aspects of your life.
- Do not vote for everything, vote for the good stuff. Nobody will respect you on social media if you just vote for anything. Quality beats quantity.
- Build Friends carefully. Add other community users with similar interests. Do not add only top users or dozens users at once. Make sure to look for common interest, those who are in similar groups, and similar interest as you.
- Submit your favorite sites and blog posts! Do not submit your own postings! Especially if you are new to a community DO NOT submit your own website or postings as your first action. Again you look like a spammer, and will not build credibility. Always remember the rule about giving, not receiving. If you use this online always, you will build your business quickly and effortlessly.
- Socialize across different social media sites. Add your existing Facebook or Twitter friends at the new network you enter.
- Add your submissions in the morning or during daytime but not at night. Research shows that most users are on social media in the morning hours, and there seems to be a spike also during weekend mornings.
- Submit real life or stories that matter not just “blogging, SEO, company stories or make money online” only. This is the biggest mistake I see with newbies to social media. Every post, story or comment, is all about their business, or giving a “sales” link. This goes back to giving, not about receiving. Ask yourself if this is going to help others, or if this is just because you want to get leads and sales?
- Be yourself. Behave like a human being not like a bot or salesperson. Talk as you would to your friend, the internet is not a place for you to act any different. Do not sell people anything, give them something for free.
Once you master these ways and it works for a while, you can start thinking about personal gain.
By Elizabeth Pratt Social Media sites are not a place for you to just promote yourself. I’m all about give and take but without giving first you can’t take on social media. Free training and to learn more about how to attract more leads and more sales visit http://workwithliz.com