10 Tips to Rank Your Online Business Number 1 on Google : An Offline or online business needs to consider the weight of having the right online presence as a key to success. The presence you create helps to leverage your level of professionalism and legitimacy. If you are working on building or heightening your online presence, then finding the top ways to rank on Google is one that ensures a strong image and unique business presence.
1. Speak with Google. Don’t speak with Google literally, as a search engine can’t really hear you. However, your website can speak for your online business. (From one piece of technology to another). This comes through a code, known as meta tags, in the back of your website that Google “reads” and which categorizes your website. You want to let them know where to place you in relation to your competition.
2. Check your content. Google reads your website and online business for keywords. These are the two to three word phrases used multiple times throughout your site. If you use them enough, then Google will place you according to the information you have given.
3. Balance your information. There are two types of keywords you want to place on your site. The first is competitive, meaning the majority of websites have the keywords for their online business. The second is your niche. Anything that sets you apart, from your location to your specialized products, helps you to get ahead.
4. Submit to search engines. Google wants to do more than read about your online business. It also wants to get to know you. This means that you have to let the search engines know you are a live site and ready to be categorized. Make sure you submit your search engine to Google, Yahoo and MSN, as well as other specialized search engines. This is a simple way of letting everyone know you are online.
5. Build links. Google works on categorizing you not only through basic submissions but also by noticing the activity of your online business. You want to build links back to your site to show you are legitimate, active and working your way to the top. Any link building efforts you use works effectively in getting Google to notice you.
6. Find ways to build traffic. Google not only wants to know who you are, but wants to make sure your online business is popular. This is based on the amount of traffic that goes to your website every day. The aim you should always have when online is to build traffic to your site through a variety of techniques so Google can read your activity and respond to your popularity.
7. Write. Writing still rules the Internet. Article writing is one of the simplistic ways to build your ranking online. You will want to take 500 word articles, submit them to directories and link them back to your site for an effective way to get ranked higher with your online business
8. Write some more. Today, content not only comes in the form of articles but also in dynamic content. You want to make sure you have dynamic content moving through your website or through a blog or microblog. Anything with moving or scrolling content is going to get your online business noticed by search engines and traffic.
9. Use social media. Most likely, you already know the world of social media. Facebook, Twitter and other online areas can help you to build a strong presence. Keep in mind there are more social media areas you can use that are specific to your online business and profile.
10. Analyze, monitor and grow. Stagnant content and keywords doesn’t work effectively with Google, as they want a continuous and growing relationship with you. Keep communicating with search engines about your online business by continuing to work on your momentum online. Build consistent results with link building, creating traffic and monitoring your keywords so they are placed even higher in search engines.
These are some of many steps you can take to help your website to get to #1 on Google. With consistent efforts, you will begin to see results with your online business while building effective solutions for an online presence that comes out on top.
Brooke is the owner of On Target, a business that provides complete solutions for online businesses. Learn about her packages, including website development, graphic design, online content and Internet Marketing so you can begin to leverage your online presence.