10 Winter Workwear Items Business Owners Should Consider : During the winter months, the cold weather can have a bearing on the levels of productivity at work. With that in mind, here are 10 winter workwear items that business owners should consider if they want to improve efficiency and performance among their employees.
1. One of the most important things to consider during the colder months, is whether your staff are safe – especially those who may be working in the dark and near busy roads. For that reason, hi vis clothing may be one of the most important purchases you make.
2. Staying warm can be difficult when temperatures drop significantly, which is why items like fleeces have a vital part to play in stopping employees from getting too cold. It can be warn as a top layer when it’s warmer and as an extra layer under a jacket when it’s really cold.
3. One extra item many workers opt for to keep warm is the bodywarmer. As the name suggests, it has one job – to keep bodies warm – and it does it extremely well. It also still allows for plenty of movement, which may be important for many tasks.
4. Like with the foundations of a good building, the foundations of workwear are also vital. Thermals are an excellent base layer option to keep out the cold.
5. Hands are particularly vulnerable to the cold weather, which is why gloves will always be a popular warm-wearing item. Fingerless gloves may provide extra dexterity when working on fiddly tasks.
6. Keeping the heat means keeping the head warm. As such, wooly hats are an extremely sensible addition to the work wardrobe during the winter.
7. The bad weather can also bring about dirtier conditions to work in, which is why coveralls and boiler suits may be needed for some employees.
8. Staying dry may be vital to good performance, so including waterproof jackets and other weatherproof items is essential and may come in handy all year round.
9. Cold and wet feet can also have a major negative impact on work levels, so it’s important to choose footwear that is ideal for the conditions your employees are working in.
10. And lastly, it’s sensible to include some durable and hardwearing trousers in your workwear order, as they need to last for a long time and will help to protect staff from the cold and the dirt.
Why not visit Xamax.co.uk, a workwear and specialist clothing retailer that stocks a wide range of top bands and a broad collection of items. They also specialise in clothing embroidery and printing, so if you need an embroidered shirt or printed T-shirt, visit Xamax.co.uk to design your own. http://www.xamax.co.uk