7 Tips To Become A Successful Industry Expert : In the coming year, have you determine what success will look like to you? You may ask yourself, how does a successful industry expert operate their business? The answers to each of these questions are simple, it can look like you if you plan, implement, and structure your business for success. According to Merriam-Webster.com, the simple definition of success is “favorable or desired outcome”. As a business owner, one of the first thing you should do is to determine your “desired outcome” as a successful industry expert. In doing this, you can start envisioning your success and moving toward accomplishing your “success goals” as an industry expert. To help your determine your “desired outcome”, I have developed 7 ways to assess your “success goals” using the acronym S.U.C.C.E.S.S.:
- Studying: research your industry to see what the industry leaders are doing to be successful. Then see how you can apply what they are doing successfully to your own success plan.
- Understanding: knowledge is golden and the key to unlocking the door to your success. Reading book, attending trainings and participating in seminars/conferences are great ways to enhance your knowledge as your strive for success.
- Curating: take care of your business and yourself to make sure your are in the best shape possible. This means that you should take time to “pamper” your business with checkups as well as pampering yourself with “me time”.
- Cultivating: grow your circle of influence by being a sharing industry expert. As your share your knowledge also be willing to receive knowledge from others.
- Evolving: develop your success plan gradually so that you can steadily grow in your industry. This will help you have staying power and truly connect with your target audience.
- Structuring: create a success plan that answers the questions: why is it important?, what does it do? and how can you make it happen? These question can help you develop a solid foundation to become an industry expert.
- Surveying: monitor your efforts to determine your return on investment of time and money. Great way to see what’s working to help you become known as an industry expert.
Each of the areas above can help you develop your “success goals” so that you can accomplish more in the coming year than you have in past years to become know as an industry expert. One way that can help you accomplish your goal of becoming an industry expert is by implementing a social media plan. By implementing a social media plan, you can engage your friends and followers to support your plans of success. According to Hubspot.com, you can easily integrate social media into your plan with…
- Quick to Start. You could launch a Facebook page today or get a blog going in a few days.
- Low Cost. You can get started in social media and blogging for very little or no money. They are among the most cost-effective methods of reaching your audience.
- Instant Interactivity. Both blogs and social media can give you nearly instant market feedback – good or bad. We get all kinds of feedback through the comments on our blog; people also leave reviews and other comments for us on Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media channels.
- It’s the Search Engines, Silly. Surveys indicate that 90% or more of people begin their purchasing process in search engines. Blogs and social media make it more likely that your prospects will find you online when they search.
- Inbound Marketing. If you read our blog, you know that we’re big fans of inbound marketing at HubSpot. Outbound marketing is telemarketing, direct mail, cold email blasts (not lovely nurturing emails like this one to you), TV and print ads – all the things that buyers tend to block out more and more. Social media and blogs are essential inbound marketing tools.
- First Mover Advantage. For blogs and social media, there is an advantage to moving first. If you don’t jump into the conversation, your competitors will (if they have not already) and then you’re fighting an uphill battle to become influential in these online conversations. Start now to claim that first-mover advantage.
Kim Beasley After working in Corporate America for many years, Kim Beasley decided to take her experiences and build a business to help other business owners develop their online presence. She believes in sharing real-life stories of encouragement with her readers so that they can be encouraged in their daily life. Kim is the owner of Agape3 Business Services, that is the umbrella for WordPress customization business and Membership website development business which helps businesses and organizations to strategically position themselves on the Internet. Find out more about Kim Beasley at http://www.ProMembershipServices.com