7 Top Tips For Making Great Sales Calls: Making calls is an important part of any business and as a business owner in a Small to Medium Size Enterprise you will be making some or all of those calls yourself. Having a system and getting it right is crucial if you want to get those important sales.
I have put together some Top Tips to help clients make sales calls:
1. Script – have a script and practice it until it sounds natural. Tweak it as you go until it feels and sounds just right.
2. Agenda – have a simple agenda you can follow during the call and stick to it as much as possible. Think of your call as a meeting and design an agenda to fit with your script and the goal for the call.
3. Practice – do as many practice calls as possible with someone who is willing to give you honest feedback. Someone in the same or a similar business as your target market would be ideal but if that is not possible them make it someone in business who is willing to give constructive feedback. Practice makes perfect so get in some practice.
4. State – get in the right state of mind before the call. Find something that works and use it to keep your mood up. Music, visualization or affirmations are popular among successful sales people. Having an upbeat state of mind during calls will make them easier and it will come through in the conversations you have. There is nothing worse than getting a sales call from someone who sounds miserable – so get your state right first.
5. Outcome – have a clear outcome. Set a clear goal for the call and structure the call to achieve it. Keep the goal simple and focus on selling the next step on your sales ramp. Only the next step!
6. Smile – when you make the call make sure you smile. This comes through in your voice. People can hear a smile over the phone and smiling helps you keep in the right state.
7. Analysis – stick to the plan but make sure you debrief yourself so you can tweak and improve your process. It is important to know what is working and what is not so tweak your script and process every day. If possible record your calls and use them to train yourself.
Sales calls can be daunting but if you follow these simple tips and you will make better calls and get better results.
Remember that every NO will get you closer to your YES so make that next call. Get your head down and keep going and you will get the sale or the new client.
My name is Angus MacLennan and I am a Business and Personal Coach getting great results with motivated Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners. My mission and passion is to deliver amazing value to my clients and help them develop their businesses allowing them to have the work/life balance they really want.
By Angus MacLennan
Ph: +44798 224 1479