Every institution from Fortune 500 companies to Universities and Government agencies have used the principle of brainstorming. They’ve used it to create everything from new ad slogans, and medical breakthroughs, to how to get your child to eat more peas.
Fact: For every product in your home or office, chances are a person or group of people brainstormed about it. They brainstormed on how best to create, market, sell, manufacture, advertise, or distribute it. This is how powerful brainstorming is.
One of the best things about brainstorming is that it can be used by anyone. You don’t have to be a C.E.O or army general. You can gain from brainstorming if you’re a housewife, janitor, student, or unemployed.
Yes, you can use the principles of brainstorming for the largest project or the smallest project. You can use it to plan a million dollar ad campaign, or use it to plan what you’ll have for dinner tonight.
If you simply follow and practice the following steps you will soon be amazed at the ideas and solutions your fabulous brain will give you.
Before we go any further lets discuss the 7 steps for effective brainstorming sessions.
The 7 Magic Steps For Powerful Brainstorming Sessions!
1. The brainstorming session can be done with one person or one hundred people. The rules are the same. The only requirement is the participants should know or know about the problem, business, product, or subject of the brainstorming session.
2. Don’t use critical thinking. Critical or judgmental thinking slows down or kills the creative process at this stage. Because as hard as you may try, you can only think one thought at a time. When you’re creating you can’t judge and when you judge you can’t create.
3. Keep the session light, loose, and free spirited. Humor has been known to help oil the wheels of our creativity. A large portion of our creativity is released through our humor. Watch a comedy, or tell a few jokes before you proceed.
4. Make sure you have a pencil and paper to write down any and all ideas, or if you’re in a group, designate someone to write down the ideas.
5. It’s best to set a minimum length of time or amount of ideas you want to get out of each brainstorming session. Setting a goal helps everyone to focus; it also helps everyone avoid wandering minds.
6. Write down the problem, the goal, or the subject at the top of a piece of paper. For example, “Ways To Attract More Customers”. Next number each idea you or the group comes up with. Write down every idea, the good, the bad, and even the ugly. Remember, the goal is to get as many ideas listed on paper as possible.
7. Next evaluate the most do-able ideas and take action.
That’s the 7 tips for effective brainstorming sessions. Follow them and watch the ideas flow.
Roy Primm is a freelance Niche Consultant. And founder of BlackHomeOwnerNews.com and African Home Decor – He has written hundreds of articles helping others profit from unique niche ideas. To read more on how you can profit from niche idea marketing and stop leaving money on the table go to … Niche Directory!