Cork Boards – A Top 10 List : Cork boards are for keeping messages and appointments. Whether you want to organize your home, office, school, or lobby, bulletin boards inform without taking away from your presentation or decor. This list compiles ten different facts that you may not know about cork boards to help you in making the best display possible:
1. Inexpensive. Even though economically priced cork boards don’t sound like they are very flashy, most companies sell traditional-style bulletin boards at reasonable prices. The classic framed, open face board is often included in economic lines. Factories constantly manufacture unframed, metal, wood, and rounded frames. With such a high supply, the market price is constantly driven down. Cheap 18″ x 24″ to 48″ x 96″ boards are always available. Furthermore, many bulletin boards are being made with less expensive, cork substitute surfaces. These boards, although economic in price, function as well as any other.
2. Surfaces. More and more distributors are expanding the concept of bulletin boards. The term “cork board” has now grown to include chalkboards, black boards, fabric boards, tack boards, letter boards, white boards, and dry erase boards. You can still buy a bulletin board with a cork surface, but you’re no longer restricted to simply pinning messages on a cork background. Combination boards exemplify this new trend. Mix and match bulletin mediums with a combination cork and chalkboard or cork and whiteboard display. Your choices are limitless.
3. Deluxe Designs Enhance Elegant Displays. Do you think that cork boards downgrade your overall decor? Many companies manufacture message boards with upscale frames. Choose from bronze, silver, gold, and black polished metal frames. High-end woods, such as cherry, mahogany, and walnut, are also being used to add flair to traditional cork boards. Share upcoming events at a country club, hotel, or museum while maintaining an elite image.
4. “Green.” In an age when everyone has become more environmentally conscious, cork boards have evolved. Bulletin boards with recycled rubber or other surfaces are environmentally friendly. Recycled rubber surface bulletin boards are often cheaper to make than regular cork boards and they function just as well. Rated “green” message boards are known to last years without getting worse for the wear. Many of these notice boards have attractive confetti or speckled surfaces to match your message area.
5. Self-healing. Almost all of the cork boards available online and through retail stores come with “self-healing” technology. A self-healing backer automatically closes up surface holes and prevents from pushing tacks too deep into the cork. In addition, cork boards with this technology resists against staining and fading. These systems make for long lasting notice board displays in your school, home, or office.
6. Wall Mounting and Floor Standing. Do you have floor space restrictions? No matter how big, notice boards are easy to mount on the wall. Many manufacturers include screws, anchors, and other technology to fix notice boards to any wall. If you are looking to minimize the clutter on your wall, then a floor standing model is what you are looking for. Notice boards stand on easels or posts for your convenience. Many easel bulletin boards have trays for accessories, such as markers, erasers, push pins, and paper. Pole standing cork boards come in a variety of sizes and are available with literature stands or brochure holders. Either way, your bulletin board is sturdily in place.
7. Keep Notices Safe. One of the main problems with public bulletin boards is the fear of vandalism. However, many bulletin boards come with a locking case, or front, for security. Protect your notices, awards, advertisements, menus, or announcements with a durable lock and key system. Furthermore, there are acrylic front cases that make it almost impossible for passersby to break into your display. Rest easy with these message boards.
8. Exterior Rated Cases. Manufacturers construct certain cork boards specifically for outdoor use. These bulletin boards feature rubber gaskets and cell-foam edges to protect notices from rain, snow, sleet, or hail. Schools and community centers use exterior rated cork boards to keep the community informed about upcoming events or outdoor policies. Outdoor restaurants keep menus in these outdoor cases. The frames are rust resistant, so they are guaranteed to hold up against any of the elements. Simply mount these message boards on any outside wall and it will take care of itself.
9. Want to Advertise a Slogan? Headers make getting your name, slogan, or logo simple. A cork board case with a header gives you the option of placing a custom message or title to organize your messages. Headers come with one, two, or three panel cork boards in a variety of sizes and styles. Slide vinyl letters, often included with the cork board, into the ridged header area. Whether you have an indoor or outdoor display, a header is a sharp addition to you bulletin board.
10. Illuminate Your Announcements. Backlighting and LED frame lighting adds effect and attraction to your cork boards. Outdoor bulletins get extra illumination at night. Awards and notices garner more attention while in indoor displays. Choose a simple 20 watt bulb for a little extra light. Get a hanging board with elaborate, multi-colored LED effects for nightclubs and bars. Many of these models don’t need to be plugged into an electrical outlet, so you are free to place these boards anywhere.
Cork boards function well in almost any situation. Based on this list of different uses and styles, there is sure to be a bulletin board suited for any user. Although their prime function is to disseminate information, these boards can add a great deal to your environment without breaking you budget.