How to Become More Efficient at Work : If you own or run a business and are constantly battling to get through a never ending to-do list, then it may be time to make some changes. Here are 10 ways to become more efficient in how you spend your work time.
1. Start with a bank piece of paper and make a list of everything you need to do during the day or week.
2. Now think about which of these targets are the most important and prioritise two or three of your tasks. Think about what these entail and, if significantly large, break them down into smaller targets.
3. Plan your time effectively. By taking a little time at the start of the day or even just week and working out how to use your time, it’ll help you avoid getting sidetracked. If you do end up working on other projects, at least you won’t be sat there wondering ‘where the time went’!
4. If your workload is just too big for the amount of time you have, consider delegating some responsibility to other members of staff. Don’t overload anyone, but make sure you’re making the most of the people you pay wages to.
5. If you’ve still got too much work to do in the hours provided, it may be time to change your hours. Why not cut down your commute by travelling to and from work outside of rush hour? Starting and finishing earlier or later could mean you gain more time for more important tasks.
6. Alternatively, why not work from home and remove the commute from your life altogether. You don’t even have to do that every day, but once or twice a week could give you back the extra two or three hours you need.
7. If you are going to commute, why not do it by train? If you have a particularly long journey, then you can use the time to get work done on the way.
8. Taking on less work may not seem like a sensible business decision, but you can only do so much. If you are going to take on more work, then consider hiring an extra member of staff to help lighten the load.
9. Just because the way you work is how you’ve always done it doesn’t mean that it’s the best approach. Consider new methods and procedures to get your work done and see if it shaves off any time.
10. Are you spending too much time on the phone dealing with unnecessary calls? It’s a common problem, but one that can be fixed. Consider using an outsourced call handling service to filter only the most important calls through to you and deal with the others in a way you’d like them to be. That could involve taking a message, passing them to another colleague or even emailing out a brochure.
If you believe an inbound contact centre or live call handling service could help you get more done, then maybe it’s time to make that addition to your company.
The team at alldayPA are on hand to take care of all your virtual personal assistant needs by providing business call handling and receptionist services, so why not visit http://alldaypa.com today?