Here is the list:
1. The headline is boring or over used. People have the shortest attention spans when they are online. Any marketing effort can be erased with just a click of the mouse. You have to have a headline that brings the customer in through sheer curiosity.
2. You talk about yourself a lot and don’t involve the customer in your copywriting. You are trying to motivate your customer to make a purchase, so you need to show them what you are going to do for them. No one cares about your level of education or how long you have been in business.
3. You don’t write in conversational language. There is way too much copy out there with highbrow language. You should address your customers as if you are talking to them over lunch. The copy should be invisible to the customer.
4. You don’t have an image of your product or service. People are very visual. They want to know what they are buying. Even if you have a virtual product, make sure that you create some kind of visual image for it, or your sales will flounder.
5. You are selling as a company instead of an individual. People like to buy from other people, not a whole organization. Write as the business owner, talking to the customer one on one, instead of writing as the entire company. This will make a huge impact on your sales.
6. You have no call to action. In every single marketing piece that you put out, you need to close some kind of sale. You have to get the customer to do SOMETHING. Whether they click for more info, make a purchase, call a number, anything. Just don’t create a sales letter to generate buzz, because that only leads to marketing clutter.
7. You have not removed all of their skepticism, so they left without making a purchase. People are more skeptical than ever before, so you need to make sure that your sales letter addresses all of their concerns. Everyone will have different concerns so take the time to think of all the possible angles.
Joshua Black is the developer of the Underdog Sales Letter System. This report gives you all of tips, templates, and tricks necessary to create your own customer-grabbing sales letters in as little as 8 hours. Check it out at: http://www.sales-letter-system.com.