Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Direct Marketing Sales Letters: If you are using direct marketing to sell a product of any kind, there are a handful of things you can do to improve your sales letter so that your customers will get sucked into it and really want to buy what you are selling. Here are 10 tips that you can use to improve any sales letter:
1. The headline must grab the prospect’s attention and without hype, leave an unanswered question in their mind.
2. Include a picture of yourself somewhere in the sales letter. People want to know that they are buying from another human being, not just a big company.
3. Tell a story in your copy. Stories are much easier to remember than a list of facts.
4. Use a bulleted list of items that explain the benefits of the product, where those benefits can be found, and how those benefits will make the prospect’s life better.
5. Include a picture of the product that they are buying. People want to know what they are going to get before they pay their money. Some people are more visual than others and explaining the product does not always help them decide.
6. Your letter needs to answer every question the prospect has about the product. Try and remove all feelings of doubt and skepticism by providing proof that the product works through statistics and customer testimonials.
7. Always create a call to action. What do you want your sales letter to accomplish? Make the customer do some kind of action before leaving the letter. Either they make a purchase, call an 800 number, mail in a form etc.
8. Use a convincing guarantee that is different from the usual one in your industry. If everyone give 90 days, you give a year. If everyone gives a year, you give lifetime. The more outrageous your guarantee, the more people will be comfortable with the purchase, and surprisingly, the fewer returns you will have.
9. Use a P.S. statement. Almost everyone that reads a sales letter will read the P.S. statement, so make it sell something with another call to action.
10. Always include as much contact information as you can. People don’t know you, so the more that you can tell them about yourself, and the more ways you give them to contact you with questions, the more they will feel comfortable and make a purchase.
Joshua Black is the developer of the Underdog Sales Letter System. This report gives you all of tips, templates, and tricks necessary to create your own customer-grabbing sales letters in as little as 8 hours. Check it out at: http://www.sales-letter-system.com.