1. Saves you money- the number one reason for any new system, has to be the cost savings it can make. There is no business that would knowingly add expenses to their company without any return on investment. It is estimated that a time and attendance system can save you up to 10% of your monthly employee wage bill.
2. Saves you time- equally as important, is making sure that you are getting value from your employees, which is as much about time as money. A time and attendance system not only eliminates fraudulent time claims but also makes time savings in already busy HR.payroll departments by cutting out manual timesheets and the time consuming processes that come with them.
3. Can be updated- web based applications can be updated quickly to meet the ever changing demands of the people using them. Work ethics and needs can change very fast and having a system that can change with them makes for a much easier day to day running of any business.
4. Accuracy- necessary information can be easily stored and tracked, and can take into account such things as working hours, accrual of holiday time and sickness all in one easy to find place.
5. Real time- information is readily available at your fingertips from any internet enabled computer, and updated in real time, allowing for quick and easy tracking of employee whereabouts and allowing for in built alerting systems, that can alert other approved staff within the company to non arrivals. This can benefit in at least three areas. Firstly, it can mean that appropriate action can be taken to get replacement staff to cover any work that needs to be done, ensuring there is never a breakdown in the
service being provided therefore always keeping your customer needs as first priority. Secondly, it provides a safety element for lone workers, again allowing for quick action to be taken where concerns may arise and third, it can keep a record of unreliable employees and forewarn of any potential issues that you may have in the future.
6. Implementation costs- Web based applications provide a value for money product that can give you all the information required and expected from a time and attendance system but without any outlay for expensive hardware, as with similar biometrics systems.
7. Information at your fingertips- customisable reports can be run at the touch of a button, along with track able information directly from the application itself, enabling you to see a huge amount of information that would be normally have to be kept in mountains of paperwork. It allows for an easy way to always keep information to hand that can be promptly updated and maintained.
Unique IQ have developed IQTimecard, Time and Attendance solutions for companies across the UK. Please visit www.iqtimecard.uniqueiq.co.uk for more information.