Top 7 Reasons That Images Are Critical in Your Next Sales Letter : If you are a small business owner and you want to create a sales letter that really closes the sale, you need to be very careful about what images you are using. If you are not very attractive, or you look too young, you will want to think twice before using that image in your next ad. Read on to find out more.
The reason we worship celebrities is that they APPEAR to be perfect in looks and lifestyle. If you want to create trust in your prospect by showing an image of yourself, its very important that you show an image that presents you or your product in the best way possible. Here are the top 7 reasons why image is critical in your next sales letter:
1. People don’t like to buy from ugly people. We want perfection, and if the image that you have in your sales letter is ugly and sloppy, then people will assume your business runs the same way. It’s sad but very true.
2. People do love to see images of other people, however. So, if you can get a good image of yourself, your product, or both, put it in the letter. You will pull a higher rate of sales.
3. People trust people the LOOK like they have experience. If you look younger than you really are, you way want to re-think if you want to put an image of yourself in you marketing material.
4. People want to see what they are buying, even if it’s a downloadable product or a non-tangible product. Even if you are selling a service, like landscaping, post an image of your product on the sales letter.
5. People want to know that the person they are buying from is a real person. If you use a good, positive image, you are showing your customers that you actually DO exist.
6. Always put a caption under your pictures. Testing shows that almost everyone that looks at an image in a sales letter will read the caption underneath it. Use this space wisely and close the sale with it. Don’t just say “this is me” underneath your photo. Put some kind of statement about how the customer can trust your product.
7. Humans are visual people. The old saying that a picture is worth a thousand words, is completely true. You want to evoke as many senses as possible when selling in print, so visual stimulation is key to that process.
Joshua Black is the developer of the Underdog Sales Letter System. This report gives you all of tips, templates, and tricks necessary to create your own customer-grabbing sales letters in as little as 8 hours. Check it out at: http://www.sales-letter-system.com. Also check out his Free small business Tip Sheet and Wealth Pack here: FREE Wealth Pack