Here are the 7 tips that you can put into place in your business today and drastically change your closing ratio:
1. Never cold call if you can avoid it. Either “warm” call by using a reference from some other person that can vouch for you, or create a way to get into contact with the person by having them request your information. You need to have a multi-step sales process and cold-calling is nothing more than a brutal numbers game.
2. Don’t leave information with the gatekeeper. You need to get around the guards to the castle. Get an appointment. Ask to get the contact information for the person that can make the decision. Even a voicemail to the right person is better than leaving a message with the gatekeeper (not by much).
3. Talk to the person that can make the decision. Don’t waste your time pitching someone that can’t make a buying decision. Many times these people have the best intentions and are really interested in what you have to sell. They would even buy it if they could. The problem is that they have to go back and sell it to the decision maker, which turns them into the sales person. This is a bad position to be in. Don’t have someone else close for you. Ask to make an appointment only with the people that can write the check.
4. Don’t meet with people that are not pre-qualified to buy. Many times the person may feel bad about telling you they are not interested so they wil listen to your entire pitch and say no later. Survey these people before you talk to them.
5. Don’t sell people things they don’t need. Make sure that you are producing an honest effort to solve the customer’s problem. If you find that they don’t need what you are trying to sell, then don’t sell it to them. They will realize this and keep you around longer. You will probably sell to them later when they do need the product.
6. Don’t act like an idiot and ask for referrals BEFORE your prove yourself with the client. This is an eager-beaver newbie mistake. Only ask for referrals after the sale is made and they are happy with the product.
7. Use sales letters to pre-sell your product. Turn yourself into an order-taker as much as possible. You need to multiply your selling efforts instead of pitching to one customer at a time and this is done with sales letters.
Joshua Black is the developer of the Underdog Sales Letter System. This report gives you all of tips, templates, and tricks necessary to create your own customer-grabbing sales letters in as little as 8 hours. Check it out at: http://www.sales-letter-system.com.