1. Consider what your business needs. This may sound obvious but even large businesses are often unclear and end up commissioning expensive ecommerce sites which have expensive features they just don’t need. A little forethought can save you thousands.
2. Get advice on your options. Once you’re clear what you need, discuss the options with a designer you can trust. Do you want to be able to update the site yourself? Do you want to sell online? The answers to these questions can make a vast difference to the price so make sure you are clear from the outset.
3. Proof read your scripts. Try to proof read your website text before sending it to the designer. Obviously you may want to change it before going online but the better the text is at the outset, the fewer changes you will need to make and the more money you will save.
4. Add headlines in advance. Most web designers are not copywriters and will tend to upload your text as you send it to them. Make sure it contains all the headings and sub-headings that you want so you’ll save yourself the expense of making alterations later.
5. Check artwork formats. Ask your designer what format he would like for your artwork and logos. For example, logos featuring text often look blurry when saved as jpegs so you may need to supply a more suitable format such as an AI or eps document. It will avoid the need for changes later.
6. Provide your own pictures. No one knows your business better than you do so it makes sense for you to select the pictures that will help to sell it. You could take your own pictures or buy them relatively cheaply from the various picture sites. This will avoid the need for your designer to search for photos which will cost you more money and may not even be to your liking.
7. Make all corrections at the same time. No matter how careful you plan you will still probably want to make corrections and amendments once the site is online. You can save money by getting all the corrections done at the same time rather than one or two every few weeks.
Maggie Moore is head of Web design Nottingham for leading marketing specialists, Saturn Web design need not cost a fortune if you are clear about what you want and what your website should contain. A few hours considering some basic points will not only make your site cheaper, it will also make it better.Media http://www.saturnmedia.co.uk