What Makes a Good Trade Publication? : No matter what industry you operate in, progressing and succeeding won’t be easy. In most cases, competition will be tough and any advantage you can gain is a valuable one, particularly during difficult economic conditions. It is particularly important to be fully immersed in your sector, to know what’s going on and be able to anticipate and react to change. For that, you may need to subscribe to a leading industry publication that can provide you with up to the minute coverage of what is happening in the sector.
When choosing your trade magazine, here are 10 attributes to look for:
1. An experienced and knowledgeable editorial team, who understand the market the report on.
2. A regular printed publication, with news and analysis of what’s happening in the sector.
3. An excellent online publication, with everything you’d expect to get in print and more. Plus, a strong search facility, that allows you to access the information you need straightaway.
4. In-depth analysis of the big stories of the week or month, so you can find out how they effect your sector.
5. Research and supplements that provide added value to the reader, providing information that may enhance their understanding of a market or what they can expect from the years ahead.
6. Interviews with senior industry figures who can pass on pearls of wisdom based on their many years of experience in the sector.
7. A broad range of features that make the publication both a ‘need to read’ and a ‘want to read’ magazine.
8. Content that demonstrates a broad grasp of overseas markets, to ensure a full and comprehensive overview of the wider markets.
9. A place to get access to past issues, so you can use the content to help you in your job
10. Excellent advertising opportunities, whether it’s to attract new clients or find the best talented staff to recruit.
For instance, if you’re looking for the latest insurance market news, then you’ll need an insightful and intelligent publication that meet all of the criteria mentioned above.
The Insurance Insider is a well-established and experienced publication that reports on the London and international insurance markets. Visit InsuranceInsider.com to browse the latest news and in-depth freatures, as well as find out more information about subscribing to its 24+ page monthly newsletter.