Why Is Business Harmony Important? : We live in a rapidly changing world and the recent recession has pointed out a need for more changes. Many people are simplifying their lives and the way that they do business. As we evaluate our priorities we are very aware of how important harmony is in our business relationships. Harmony is not to be taken for granted, nor is the great need for good customer service.
I have my favorite places where I like to shop, as you probably do. The number one factor in feeling comfortable, in my opinion, is good customer service. It doesn’t have to be over-the-top, but if it’s bad, it will ultimately chase me away from the business all together. I don’t make the decision to stop frequenting a business or fire an employee or client impulsively, but I will make it if needed. But if I am able to communicate any problems then it may change the decision that I will make.
In a business setting, customer service is just at important, but there is responsibility on both sides of the coin. Both the client and service provider have an obligation to meet a need. Face it, your service provider needs you to pay them and you need them to fill a need that your business has. Often times issues can be dealt with very early on and keep everything running smoothly. In this case, the business doesn’t have to spend the resources in looking for another service provider and it helps the service provider do a better job overall.
Her are 10 Reasons why Business Harmony is Important.
- Keeps the lines of communication open: With the lines of communication open, small irritants or little things that may be overlooked don’t have the chance to grow. Helps mole hills stay small and not turn into mountains.
- Creates a team mentality: With a team mentality, you’re happy, we’re happy, and everybody wins.
- Builds mutual respect: In this type of relationship, we can feel good about who we’re working with and about our choice to work with them.
- Encourages growth – personal and professional: Like Mom said, “if you don’t have anything nice to say…..” This helps us grow in the area of self-control and can only be a plus in all parts of our life.
- We all need support: With this “team mentality” we feel supported and that is very important for us all.
- Increases our “attitude for gratitude”: When we focus on gratitude for those in our lives, that gratitude grows in all areas and it adds beauty to our lives. This is no different in business.
- Creates allies and referrals: Face it, the world is a big place and it’s a lot easier for me to choose if my friends refer me to someone. Don’t be afraid to gather as many allies as possible.
- Increases our ability to be kind: After all, practice makes perfect. It lifts our mood as well as the other persons.
- Solution focused: If we are always looking for a solution then no problem is too big. Often times a decision to cancel a service can be made on anger that has grown because it wasn’t addressed. Look for the solution with open communication first.
- Supports the “Golden Rule”: I like to be treated well and when I am, it helps me to remember that other people like to be treated well, also. A smile has never hurt anyone! If it lights up your day, it will do the same for the other person as well.
There is a huge benefit for all in having harmony in our business relationships. With harmony, there isn’t a risk of lack of communication and therefore the needs of all are fulfilled. A win-win relationship is formed when both parties are willing and able to share respect and appreciation. It’s not a mushy, friend focused harmony that is important, but one of mutual respect.
Some situations have to be changed. If one party is using open communication and it is not received or reciprocated, then we at least know we didn’t miss the opportunity to communicate openly right away.