Do you feel productivity levels in your office could do with a boost? Here are 10 steps to achieve just that.
1. One way to improve productivity is by limiting social media use among staff. While a blanket ban may have adverse effects, be mindful of how often your staff are using these sites.
2. Make sure you always have a healthy stock of stationery and other office products available. From packaging supplies to envelopes and paper, it’s vital that everything is there for when you need it most.
3. You may want to boost productivity by having more meetings among staff. That may between individuals, different departments or even the entire workforce. Make sure you have a white board in the boardroom to note down the ideas you discuss.
4. If you have a messy office, it may help to have a good sort out and consider a different storage method. An office filing cabinet or two may provide an opportunity to conveniently store everything away.
5. Has your office equipment or technology seen better days? If so, it could be damaging staff morale and hindering productivity. It may be an expensive process, but an update of your tools could be an important step.
6. One reason for you office’s poor levels of efficiency could be low motivation amongst the team. Consider introducing new incentives to see if it makes a difference.
7. You may also want to introduce staff bonding days one day a year. Make sure they’re all about fun and it could have a surprising effect on how well your team work together.
8. Flexible working hours for some staff may help them to get more done, so don’t rule it out.
9. If some tasks seem to take up too much of your team’s time, such as dealing with incoming calls or making sales calls, you may wan to consider outsourcing it to another organisation.
10. Regular appraisals may seem like a good opportunity for your team to ask for a pay rise, but they can also be used to improve motivation and productivity, as well as providing a chance to assess and address company procedures.
So, now you’re ready to make changes, why not begin by placing an order for some new office stationery and supplies? From getting a new white board to keeping stocked up on printer ink, this could be the perfect time assess what you need.
Why not visit OfficeProductsMarketplace.com to browse through a wide selection of office products, including packaging supplies. You can even get a new office filing cabinet or two to help you get organised in the workplace.