Top 7 Things to Look For in a Professional Carpet Cleaning Company: I got into the industry of carpet cleaning because when I hired a cleaner to do my carpets he didn’t do a good job at all. Looking back there are a few signs I should have picked up on. It would have saved me a lot of money!
Here are some things to look out for:
1) Website: A great looking website is one thing but don’t be fooled. Check to see if referrals are from independent sources, don’t believe everything you read written by the author, search around for third party rating websites and check there are no patterns of the same ratings by the same people.
2) Appearance: What kind of vehicle did they arrive in, is it a decent commercial vehicle fit for purpose or just a car. Is there branding. The guy who cleaned my carpets rocked up in an old dirty banger, how on earth did I expect him to do a good job.
3) Personal Appearance and manner: How is the technician dressed, is he smart in company branded clothing, does he talk to you in a manner that is respectful.
4) Does he pre inspect your carpets, carpet fibres are different and react different to various methods of cleaning and chemicals. Make sure the technician closely examines your carpets. He should ideally take a piece from near the radiator pipes and perform tests on it.
5) Pre vacuum. This is a must, some carpet cleaners don’t do this and it will only cause your carpets to re-soil after a short period of time.
6) Pre spray – A cleaner should always have a bottle of pre spray ready based on the results of the tests performed earlier. This should be brushed in using a carpet pile brush which looks like broom.
7) Equipment – Make sure this looks like commercial cleaning equipment and not a rented do it yourself carpet cleaner. Better yet look for something mounted in his truck, you then know he’s serious about cleaning.
By Warren Aldridge If you enjoyed this post, make sure you visit our Carpet Cleaning website, or follow Clean Carpet Crew on Twitter as well as check out our cleaning tips blog